Al Ferkiah Beach is another gem that visitors to Al-Khor can't afford to miss. It is ranked among Qatar's top beaches. The beach has developed through time into one of the best in the community and is a favorite with locals who visit and enjoy it with their families.
It is easily accessible and is situated on the opposite side of the Al-Khor Mall, about 2 kilometers away. Since it is a gated beach, only one gate is utilized for entry and exit. The authorities have installed public restrooms. For a relaxing beach holiday, one can travel here on the weekends or midweek for a change.
How to explore Al Ferkiah Beach?
- It contains a children's play area with equipment already there. Huge canopies cover some play areas to shield kids from the sun's heat, especially in the summer. There are many colorful playground types of equipment throughout the place. The slides come in various sizes and shapes that kids will appreciate. Swings, see-saws, climbing routes, and other amenities are available.
- The golden shoreline is a popular walking area for some, but kids can discover marine life here because the sand is grainy and has many seashells and small stones.
- There is a line of roughly 50 wooden beach umbrellas spanning the entire length of the shoreline. Each umbrella has a bench where guests can rest and relax while talking with loved ones, reading a book, or admiring the sights and sounds of the lake!
- It has two modest mosques at the beach to fulfill the Muslims' religious duties.
- Ferkiah Beach has long been a favorite location for family picnics and barbecues. People visit the beach with their families, put up barbecues, and have a good time while taking advantage of the incredibly shallow waves.
- The beach offers a beautiful stretch of golden sand, clear waters, and a kids' play area, allowing you to enjoy and relax on a single beach.
- It also has several pergolas so you can escape the sun.
- There are cafeterias and restaurants to serve the best local cuisines. So visit this beach if you're in the mood for some tasty snacks and beverages.
- There are many mind-blowing sightseeing spots in an area covered by water. Take pictures with family and friends to capture memories.
- This beach offers leisurely activities like swimming and sunbathing. So spend your best time here!
- Pack your picnic baskets and carpets to relax by the beach. The beach has tables set up for meals such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Due to the benches' proximity to a play area, parents frequently stay here to watch after their kids.
- Visitors can get a fantastic view of Purple Island's thick mangroves from this location on the far right. The gleaming benches and wooden umbrellas can help you view the scenic beauty without getting fried under the sun.
- Don't worry when it gets dark when the sun goes down since Al Ferkiah Family Beach is well-lit even at night.