Calis Beach, located in Fethiye, is a popular tourist destination and home to some of Turkey's most acclaimed ecological beaches. Also known as Koca Calis, this beach in Turkey is about 5 kilometers long and is surrounded by the warm, clear waters of the Aegean Sea. Away from the noise and pollution of the city, it has a beautiful natural setting. The beach is spotless and is a blue portrayal of the entire region of Calis in Turkey. It was given the blue flag in the past - a symbol of a great environment.
Koca Calis has terrific natural scenery with panoramic views of the Taurus Mountains and the many islands in the Gulf of Fethiye. Calis Beach Fethiye has all you need from a calm, relaxed place if you are not a huge fan of long hikes. Calis Beach has free admission, but you will have to pay extra to use the sun loungers and umbrellas.
How to explore Calis Beach?
- Koca Calis is on the right side of the Calis promenade and is a section of Calis Beach in Fethiye. The very end, known as Koca Calis, is composed of pebbles. The rest of the beach is sandy. Go for evening walks on this pebble side of the beach.
- The purple hills roll over the horizon, and the beach is a great place to admire the breathtaking scenery for hours.
- The beachfront is interlined with palm trees and has a tiled walkway that is off-limits to cars but open to cyclists. Get on a leisure cycling excursion on this walkway.
- You will discover plenty of bars, cafes, and restaurants along the promenade to eat and enjoy the music.
- Mornings typically have calm seas, while afternoons have fresh windy seas. Even in the warmest of times, you may relax in comfort thanks to the constant sea breeze.
- Surfing, kitesurfing, sailing a hired catamaran, waterskiing, parasailing, and banana rides are just a few water sports available to adventurers here.
- Indulge in popular beach activities like sunbathing and swimming in the warm waters.
- The seashore area is home to numerous gift shops. Buy souvenirs and other gifts from these shops as a memory.
- Lukka Bar, at the very start of the promenade, is the place to go if you are a sports lover. This establishment has the best price for draught beer in the greater Fethiye area and shows all major sporting events.
- Oludeniz Blue Lagoon National Park is another fantastic option nearby for those looking for a change of pace.