Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and discover the beauties of the ocean!
A journey through the Fakiyeh Aquarium puts you near some of the 800 Red Sea oddities unique to this region of the world, all while being accompanied by a contemplative soundtrack and encased in cavern walls.
It provides education and enjoyment by showcasing the wonders of the Red Sea's underwater world and wonders brought in from other seas and oceans around the globe. It is no accident that it is located close to the city's lapping Red Sea.
Buy your tickets right away!
- Over 200 species are housed in the aquarium's sweeping tunnels and enormous tanks, with over 85% being endemic to Jeddah's unaltered coral reefs. This makes this brilliant view of the Red Sea the next best alternative to donning dive gear to explore the area's vibrant underwater environment.
- Look for the Cassiopea, an upside-down jellyfish, or the long, thin garden eels with their playful propensity to bob up and down on the sand as tourists approach for more oddities.
- Naturally, the sharks and dolphins are its main draws. A trip through the realistic acrylic tunnel places visitors in the middle of deep blue waters, surrounded by hefty guitarfish, zebra sharks, enormous groupers, and sand tiger sharks—the only sharks that gulp and store air in their stomach for maintaining buoyancy.
- Along with marine life from the Arabian Gulf, Cape Verde, the Maldives, Japan, Australia, and four Humboldt penguins from Peru, the exhibit also features marine life from the Arabian Gulf. The tour concludes with a tank of undulating jellyfish lit in purple, green, and blue hues.
- Information is given in both English and Arabic throughout the tour. The well-informed staff is pleased to share with guests some of the endangered marine creatures, such as giant turtles, that have been saved after suffering from disease or damage. Those who recover completely are then returned to their natural habitat.
- This year, the Fakiyeh Aquarium plans to introduce the unusual Sea Dragon. Families may also take in the incredible daily Dolphin and Seal Lion performance, and later this year, they will be able to go dolphin swimming.
- Prayer rooms, a gift shop, and a cafe serving fast cuisine are on the second floor of Fakiyeh Aquarium. Also, free Wi-Fi is available if you wish to share a picture of a smiling shark peering into your camera.
Frequently Asked Questions for Fakieh Aquarium
Q. What is Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Fakieh Aquarium is the only aquarium of its kind in Jeddah and the Kingdom. It offers an aquarium tour where visitors can see the underwater ecosystem.
Q. Where is Fakieh Aquarium located?
A. Fakieh Aquarium is located just a short distance from Al Kurnaysh Road in Jeddah.
Q. What is the opening time of Fakieh Aquarium?
A. The opening time of Fakieh Aquarium is as follows:
- Saturday to Thursday: 10 am
- Friday: 1:30 pm
Q. What are the entry fees to visit Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Visitors need to pay entry fees to enjoy the aquarium tour.
- Toddlers (under two years) - Free
- Adults - SR 65
Q. Are there any discounts available for visitors at Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Special offers and flash sales are available for two activities at Fakieh Aquarium:
- Aquarium tour
- Dolphin show
Visitors can find discount offers on both activities on its official website. Visit the website to book your tickets.
Q. What are the activities available at Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Fakieh Aquarium is the ideal location to enjoy different activities, such as:
- Aquarium tour
- Dolphin show
- Shopping at retail stores
Q. Is it safe to visit Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Yes, it is safe to visit Fakieh Aquarium. It is advised that visitors stay behind the fence.
Q. What marine animals can visitors see at Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Visitors can see more than 200 species of sea life. A few of species are:
- Gain Groupers
- Napoleon Wrasse
- Sea Horses
- Rusty Parrotfish
- Giant Moray Eel
- Sand Tiger Shark
- Red Sea Guitarfish
- Zebra shark
- Japanese Spider Crab
- Seal Lion and more
Q. How long does it take to explore Fakieh Aquarium?
A. It takes approximately 1–2 hours to explore Fakieh Aquarium in Jeddah.
Q. Is Fakieh Aquarium suitable for families with children?
A. Yes, it is highly suitable for families with children. Children are very excited to see the underwater animals from the earth.
Q. Are there any restrictions for photography or videography at Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Photography and videography can be taken with prior approval from Fakieh Aquarium. These recordings cannot be used for commercial purposes.
Q. Is there a restaurant or cafe available at Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Yes, visitors can dine at the Blue Ocean restaurant with a scenic view of the Red Sea.
Q. Is there parking available at Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Yes, a parking facility is available at Fakieh Aquarium.
Q. How do I get to Fakieh Aquarium?
A. Visitors can reach Fakieh Aquarium by hiring a cab or using private transportation. Visitors or tourists can opt for public buses to get to Fakieh Aquarium.