The Jeddah Flagpole is an integrated architecture to what was utilized in building innovative and modern engineering methods. The flagpole may be seen from many different vantage points throughout the city and serves as a perfect backdrop for photographs taken as souvenirs.
According to the Guinness World Records, this unsupported flagpole holds the title of highest in the world. Its height is above 500 feet, and it carries the Saudi Arabian national flag and is located in King Abdullah (Bin Abdulaziz) Square on the Saudi Flag Roundabout.
It is of the projects taken up by the ALJ Abdul Latif Jameel Community and carried out in social partnership with the Jeddah Municipality is the construction of the flagpole that is the highest on the globe. On September 23, 2014, the flagpole was submitted to the Guinness Book of World Records, and as of right now, it has the title of World Longest Flagpole.
- This flagpole is a national landmark of Saudi Arabia, socially and historically distinct. Monotheism is represented by the banner flying from the flagpole.
- The field surrounding the flagpole features the largest official logo of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, consisting of two swords and a palm tree. The length of each sword measures 75 meters, and the length of the palm tree measures 85 meters. It is important to note that the field's area is roughly equivalent to half of a football field.
- The actual flag measures 49.5 meters in length and 33 meters in width, giving it a total area of 1,635 square meters. It weighs 570 kilograms and takes up over half of the space of a standard football field.
- The shape of flagpole is cylindrical and built out of a total of 500 tonnes of steel. It is wide enough to handle service units, which include systems to gauge wind direction and speed, atmospheric humidity, rain volume, and an aircraft-warning light, as well as access points for maintenance employees to ascend. Additionally, it can hold an aircraft-warning light.
- The layout is spacious enough to contain the project's services and the possibility of going up to a higher altitude for any maintenance that is required is taken care of.
- Also, several systems installed in the flagpole include the unit load and control of the rotation of the flag according to the wind direction, a system to measure the direction and speed of the wind, humidity, and the intensity.